Wednesday, October 21, 2015

You Didn't Tell Me

"You Didn't Tell Me" #TaylorSpliffed

Demo "You Didn't Tell Me"

I'm a good guy
I did my duty
I'm the one made all the arrangements
Closed casket -- didn't want to see your body...

People are stupid, ask stupid questions...
Like, "Why..."
I tell them you didn't tell me
Why (would I leave?)
I tell them you didn't tell me
Why (can't I seem to grieve?)
I insist: you didn't tell me!

You were there
I was there
I went away
When I came back you weren't there no more...

People are stupid, ask stupid questions...
Like, "Why..."
I tell them you didn't tell me
Why (are you sure?)
I tell them you didn't tell me
Why (could she have told you as you walked out the door?)
I insist: you didn't tell me!

In my mind I can picture the scene
Girl, I've known you since we were 17
If there were something you wanted me to know --
If you were signalling me, I would have seen!

I ask myself, ask stupid questions...
Like, "Why..."
Do I tell them you didn't tell me?
Why?
Do I tell them you didn't tell me?
Why?
When I know: you did tell me!

I insist: you didn't tell me!