Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Who Am I Now You're Gone?

"Who Am I Now You're Gone?" #TaylorSpliffed



I woke up that awful
September morning...
The thing is, you didn't.
We did everything right
We're raising two children
But now you're not here
Oh, God, Who am I now you're gone?

I can't be up with you in the ground
I can't fly with you in the ground.
It's like no matter what I do
Well, it drives me crazy all the time.
Now how can I tell you what we both know is true?
I was only me when I was with you...

Each day your picture fades
In my mind's eye, and in our daughters'.
I don't want your picture to fade
Who I was is right there in that picture beside you.
I used to know everything about you
And I don't wanna live without you
But I gotta be here for our daughters...

I can't be up with you in the ground
I can't fly with you in the ground.
It's like no matter what I do
Well, it drives me crazy all the time.
Now how can I tell you what we both know is true?
I was only me when I was with you...

Wedding days, grandkids, family to-dos
I'll be there but I won't be
'Cause I'm not me without you.
We did everything right
We're raising two children
But now you're not here
Oh, God, Who am I now you're gone?

I can't be up with you in the ground
I can't fly with you in the ground.
It's like no matter what I do
Well, it drives me crazy all the time.
Now how can I tell you what we both know is true?
I was only me when I was with you...