Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Our Flower

"Our Flower" #TaylorSpliffed

Demo "Our Flower"

We'd picked our song
We were gettin' along
When I had to go and put my big foot in it
Grabbed the radio knob again, fiddlin' with it...
He says, "Baby what now?"
I say, "Just wondering how...
How'll we choose our flower?"
He mutters, "High maint'nance"
under his breath, and he says...

Our flower can be
a pretty lily
A rose, a cactus, a thorn
You got tulips
I got two lips
Let me kiss you and I'll recite-ya some more'n
I did and he did, saying...
A poinsettia, a daffodil, a daisy...
Dangit, girl, you're making me crazy!
Baby, just pick one!
Then I'll say Amen
And ask God to let you be done....

Had enough caffeine that next morning
But the sight still came with no warning!
All the roses and cacti and tulips and 'settias and daffodils and daisies
And the note that said...

Our flower can be
a pretty lily
A rose, a cactus, a thorn
They got tulips,
A poinsettia, a daffodil, a daisy...
Dangit, gal, you're making me crazy!
Baby, just pick one!
Then I'll say Amen
And ask God to let you be done....

I was riding backseat
With my sandals on
Feet sticking out of his car
I grabbed a pencil
And an old envelope
And I wrote down roses and cacti and tulips and 'settias and daffodils and daisies...
(I still can't pick just one...)

Our flower can be
a pretty lily
A rose, a cactus, a thorn
They got tulips,
A poinsettia, a daffodil, a daisy...
Dangit, gal, you're making me crazy!
Baby, just pick one!
Then I'll say Amen
And ask God to let you be done....