Thursday, April 09, 2015

Duck and Run

"Duck and Run" #JSLAY

Just let me duck and run
I'm not a fighter, don't have a gun
Let me live peaceful, living free wherever I go
I'll go where I can
And I'll just be a quiet man
Maybe join the circus or the rodeo

I'll go this way or maybe that
I live free and easy like a little cat
You might be mad at me now but just let me go away

Hand me down my golden hat
And grab the winter one at that
You never know how long I'll be away

Just let me duck and run
I'm not a fighter, don't have a gun
Let me live peaceful, living free wherever I go
I'll go where I can
And I'll just be a quiet man
Maybe join the circus or the rodeo

I've been East let me go West
Don't be sad, don't be bereft
You'll prolly forget me once I've gone away
Let me go today
'Kay? 'Kay!

I'll pick myself up off the floor
I'm not the one to give ya what-for
Just the type of guy to sing my song
Sad, sad song

Just let me duck and run
I'm not a fighter, don't have a gun
Let me live peaceful, living free wherever I go
I'll go where I can
And I'll just be a quiet man
Maybe join the circus or the rodeo