Friday, February 06, 2015

All The Way Down

"All The Way Down" #JSLAY

I've been living large, I've been gloating
Been flying planes, been deep-sea boating
I've been climbing mountains, I've been billygoating
I've been monologuing, I've been emoting

I'm the kind that likes to bend your ear
I'll wink at you and crook my finger to draw you near.
I've made lots of songs but they've never charted
Sometimes I feel like giving up when I'm heavy hearted

I've always picked myself when I've gone all the way down
Sometimes it feels like I'm just in the wrong town
I don't drink whiskey and I don't like wine
Just need a kind word from you to make me feel fine.

When I'm down it's so enervating
Don't see the sun when I'm surrounded by gloom
Don't mean to bore so pardon my prating
Things aren't really that bad -- it's not all doom.

I've always picked myself when I've gone all the way down
Sometimes it feels like I'm just in the wrong town
I don't drink whiskey and I don't like wine
Just need a kind word from you to make me feel fine.

Life goes on it sure does seem to sprawl
And when it goes up, it's prelude to a fall.
Life goes on it sure does seem to sprawl
And when it goes up, it's prelude to a fall.

But what don't kill you, it makes you strong
Ooh, but that just seems wrong.

I've always picked myself when I've gone all the way down
Sometimes it feels like I'm just in the wrong town
I don't drink whiskey and I don't like wine
Just need a kind word from you to make me feel fine.
But when you're with me though I go all the way down
'Cause you remind that the sun'll come up after sundown.