Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Abbreviating the FDA

"Abbreviating the FDA" #JSLAY

Abbreviating the FDA
May seem a little overblown
Who sent that edict down from their throne?
Why do things this way?
Franklin Delano Roosevelt had an idea one day
And since then the New Deal has been part of our DNA.
We've got an alphabet soup now: IRS, FBI, CIA
Don't bother trying to change it 'cause that's the way it's gonna stay.

Abbreviating the FDA
It's how the USA stays number one.
Talk to the ATF about your gun
You may grumble you may rage
But abbreviatin's how we set the stage
But when the world's done all that it did
Maybe you'll have your chance to change things, heaven forbid

When you're with me you'll say,
"I'm with you, with you, with you, baby."
Don't bother fussin', there's no need to fight
Just abbreviate with me 'cause you know that I'm right.

Abbreviating the FDA,
Abbreviating the FDA?
When those letters are all you've known
There as much a part of you as your own shinbone
And we'll go dancing
And as I set to romancing
You'll say baby, tell me about the FDA?
What do those letters mean -- what do they say?
And I'll say, "Baby, I'd tell you but the memory fades."

I’m abbreviating the FDA.
Abbreviating the FDA.