Friday, January 02, 2015

Lonely Part

"Lonely Part" #JSLAY

It's the awful moment when we both see the writing on the wall
We had a good summer but we won't last the Fall
It's in the tilt of your head, it's in your sad sighs
Just a question of which of us will be first to say our goodbyes

Just before a breakup, oh, that's the lonely part
We're finding out we're over -- after such a promising start
Missing you before you're gone, oh, that's the lonely part
Gotta find the strength to go on, oh, that's the lonely part

Or it's that time in between before finding someone new
Trying to keep it together though I'm missing you
Being alone all night for since I can't remember when
Where will I find the strength to begin again?

In between lovers, that's the lonely part
The weight on my shoulders, my weakened heart
Needing someone, but whom, oh, that's the lonely part
My dog's my only friend, oh, that's the lonely part

Meeting someone new, that's the lonely part
Finding out who I am with her, it's a tricky art
Who am I, who is she, who are we?
Fearing a repeat of past mistakes -- are we even meant to be?

Starting over again, that's the lonely part
Is it her or is it me that steers the shopping cart?
Discovering the new girl's not the old girl, oh, that's the lonely part
It'd be easier if we were still together, oh, that's the lonely part