Friday, January 23, 2015

Ledge of Hot Fire

"Ledge of Hot Fire" #JSLAY

Strung and full of cunning
I'm tired of all this running
I like to think I'm great
But sometimes I just don't rate

Love is really something
This feeling -- is it breaking me?
For all of my dreaming
And all of my scheming
How can I let it be?

I wanna scream out loud
I'm young and I'm proud
'Cause I'm not shaken and I'm not bowed

You turn me on, you take me higher
Till I feel like I'm standing on a ledge of hot fire
If you're the one selling, baby, I'm your buyer

So strung and full of cunning
I'm running to the ledge of fire
Silently seething
Like a two-year-old teething
Gimme some of your good stuff

Wired like a force multiplier
know I'll crash on the couch
and if you trip over me in the middle of the night
I'm gonna scream and say, "Ouch."

Don't say diddly-squat
Just be here and spend time with me
'Cause I'm mad at the world and just need you, you see

I wanna scream out loud
I'm young and I'm proud
'Cause I'm not shaken and I'm not bowed

Don't say diddly-squat
Just be here and spend time with me
'Cause I'm mad at the world and just need you, you see

I wanna scream out loud
I'm young and I'm proud
'Cause I'm not shaken and I'm not bowed