Saturday, January 17, 2015

In My Pear

"In My Pear" #JSLAY

Too many night-bugs in the gloom
Too many worm-things in my fruit
I feel a sense of impending doom
Can fix this, the point is moot
I try to brace myself, try to keep it steady
Can't believe the gross stuff I'm finding there
Feels like I drank to much wine, feels a little heady
In my pear, in my pear

Danced in the dark, made myself smile
But now I can't understand just how this could be
Feel like I'm being judged, like I'm on trial
Just wanted to be with you, wish you were with me
But the hairs on the back of my neck fill me with dread
There's a creepy chill floating in the air
I feel like a living corpse, like the living dead
In my pear, in my pear

And now I'm strutting along the path
And an overfull feeling's coming over me
I look around and try to do the math
Is there a bush around here where I can pee?

Oh, it's taking too long -- could I have been wrong?  I thought I was ready
The feeling after letting it all out's just so nice
But I've been hiding behind this bush, I've been holding it steady
But instead of a warm stream I just feel like ice
It just seems I wasn't really ready, oh, no, I wasn't really ready
In my pear, there's a creepy crawly creeping there
In my pear, there's a creepy crawly creeping there

Oh it's taking so long I could be wrong, I could be ready
Oh but if I take my heart's advice
I should assume it's still unsteady
Oh, yeah I'm never really ready, Oh, yeah, I'm never really ready
I'm in repair, I'm not together but I'm getting there
I'm in repair, I'm not together but I'm getting there

In my pear, there's a creepy crawly creeping there
In my pear, there's a creepy crawly creeping there
In my pear, there's a creepy crawly creeping there
In my pear, there's a creepy crawly creeping there