Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cold as a Dove

"Cold as a Dove" #JSLAY

It must get chilly up there flying through the stratosphere
It makes me think of you, my frigid dear
Not the outstretched wings
Not the way a pretty bird sings
It's something rather less grand
Listen to the chorus and you'll understand:

Girl, you're as cold as a dove
Yeah, you're as cold as a dove
You can't hold my love
Just ask my exes

Your beak is nonstop chatter
And whatever good feelings I had you've managed to shatter
No, there's no point to your open-mouthed staring
Your coldness froze my heart -- I'm past the point of caring
I won't say you're an ice queen -- that's just to cliche
You're an all-you-can-eat iceberg buffet
I see clearly now -- it's just something I can't do
Giving my life to a cold duck like you

Girl, you're as cold as a dove
Yeah, you're as cold as a dove
You can't hold my love
Just ask my exes
Yeah they know, they know everything
you're cold, cold as a dove