Friday, January 02, 2015

Axle

"Axle" #JSLAY

Flying, oh, it's such a hassle
Strugglin' with bags, like some pauper's vassal
Fighting with the seats -- like we're gonna wrassle
Little kids make it look easy -- to them it's facile.
Let's keep it movin'
Let's keep it movin'

And waiting areas
see it day and night
Say hello, say goodbye -- try not to fight
People with wanderlust -- they've gotta roam
Homebody's don't get -- they like it safe at home
If they fight there's a bloody nose

And that's how an axle gets the grease
Whether love is waning or on the increase
When you're getting along or calling the police
And you won't be the first
Or even the worst,
To woo her

And you can't build a house of gold
And pretend like it'll never get old
Gold bends real easy
It leaves your fingers feeling greasy

And that's how an axle gets the grease
Whether love is waning or on the increase
When you're getting along or calling the police
And I won't be the best
No, not even the best,
To woo you

You can search around if you ever want to see me
The last place you look -- that's where you'll find me
That's where you'll find me
I'll be here,
I'll be there
I'll see you first unless you see me first
I'll kiss you real good -- gotta quench that thirst
You'll feel my love muscle like it's about to burst
Don't know if lovin' you's a blessing or I'm cursed

And that's how an axle gets the grease
Whether love is waning or on the increase

You can love too little too late (repeat then fade)
Call it bad luck, or blame it on fate

I believe that you're gonna learn
The love you give
Gives back more in return
I believe that you're gonna learn
The love you give
Gives back more in return
I believe that you're gonna learn
The love you give
Gives back more in return [repeat 1x]