Thursday, December 11, 2014

Welcome To Reidsville

"Welcome To Reidsville"

Walking alone, the city is asleep
Collage of tired hearts under wraps
Everybody here wants something more
Searching for a sound we haven't heard before
But it says

Welcome to Reidsville
It's been dying for you
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville
It's been dying for you
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville

It's an old soundtrack
I couldn't dance to this bleat, bleat
For a moment more
The lights aren't so bright
But they never shine on me, shine on me
Welcome to Reidsville
It's been dying for you
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville

Our Civil War Statue was hit by a truck
If you want excitement, then you're out of luck
Reidsville was built on weavin' and believin'
Tobacco farms and the right to work (for less)
Now textiles and tobacco're done with goin' and leavin'
If you really want better all I can say is, "God bless..."

Welcome to Reidsville
It's been dying for you
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville
It's been dying for you
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville

It's an old soundtrack
I couldn't dance to this bleat, bleat
For a moment more
The lights aren't so bright
But they never shine on me, shine on me
Welcome to Reidsville
It's been dying for you
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville

Like any great loss, it keeps you frowning
Like any real loss, it's slow-to-changing
Like any true loss, it drives you crazy
But you know if you could you would change everything, everything, everything

Welcome to Reidsville
It's been dying for you
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville
It's been dying for you
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville

It's an old soundtrack
I couldn't dance to this bleat
The lights aren't so bright
But they never shine on me
Welcome to Reidsville

Old soundtrack
It's been dying for you
Welcome to Reidsville
The lights aren't so bright
But they never shine on me
Welcome to Reidsville
Such blight, they never shine on me
Welcome to Reidsville
Welcome to Reidsville