Tuesday, December 09, 2014

The Story of Them

"The Story of Them"

Oh, look at Sid and Nancy!  Are they fighting again?
Kinda makes you wonder, makes you wonder when
People would say, "They're the lucky ones."
They used to be tied at the hip
They were so in sync -- it was such a trip
Like they were machines controlled by a microchip.

Oh, a simple miscommunication,
Dramatic moments lead to fall-out.
So many things that only they knew,
So many fights now it seems they're through.

[Chorus:]
Now they're standing together in a crowded room and they're not speaking,
And I'm dying to know if they have any better snacks at this party, yeah?
I don't know what they're saying, it's all yadda, yadda, yadda.
And the story of them is starting to get boring now.

Next verse.

How'd they end up this way?
Who cares?  Hey, is that Bono over there?
No?  Good, I was afraid he was doing his best to avoid me.
I'm starting to think one day I'll try to write a novel,
Or maybe a screenplay, hmmm.
Did you see The Good Wife last week?  Such twists and turns!

[Chorus:]
Now they're standing together in a crowded room and they're not speaking,
And I'm dying to know if they have any better snacks at this party, yeah?
I don't know what they're saying, it's all yadda, yadda, yadda.
And the story of them is well past boring now.

- 40 -