Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Flower We Grew

"The Flower We Grew" (abandoned)

I could've been there,
would've shown you I care
Could've shown you a rare smile,
The one I haven't shown you in a while
But other matters were on my plate
Not making excuses -- you know I was late.

And it was like a rolling ocean,
Missing my best girl, feeling like a hot mess
A right dipstick,
I'm the bum here I guess,
And you're trying not to get mad again,
"Cause I let you down again,
I wish we could have been kissing,
Try to help the flower we grew.

Soft lips moisten,
I know well what I'm missin'
Just rushing to meet you
That's what I was trying to do
Doesn't matter now what went wrong
I know I can't fix us in a song
I know I said I'd be there
Swear to God I wish I'd been there.

And it was like a rolling ocean,
Missing my best girl, feeling like a hot mess
A right dipstick,
I'm the bum here I guess,
And you're trying not to get mad again,
"Cause I let you down again,
We wish we could have been kissing,
Try to fix the flower we grew.

And the moments tick by,
I'm not there and you're on your own
I know it's not enough just to try
I try and fail not to leave you alone
I tell you I'll move mountains to get there
But you're there and I'm here
It's a helpless feeling to let you down
Not to be there -- just not be aroun'
You seen so hopeless,
I said I'd be there.

And it was like a rolling ocean,
Missing my best girl, feeling like a hot mess
A right dipstick,
I'm the bum here I guess,
And you're trying not to get mad again,
"Cause I let you down again,
We wish we could have been kissing,
Try to save the flower we grew.

We tried to plant a seed
Tried to water it, watch grow
I tried to do what we agreed
Girl, I messed up, I know
I don't provide the warmth, the love, the light
To nourish our flower to grow right.

I should've been there
And you would've been so happy

And it was like a rolling ocean,
Missing my best girl, feeling like a hot mess
A right dipstick,
I'm the bum here I guess,
And you're trying not to get mad again,
"Cause I let you down again,
We wish we could have been kissing,
Cause that was the flower we grew.

Ooh, I knew.
Ooh,

I called you later,
And said, "I'm sorry, I didn't make it,"
Your voice cracked and I knew
Our flower had passed with the morning dew.