Monday, December 08, 2014

Stupid Car

"Stupid Car"

This ain't right but I can't help but feel like
There's something going on with my left brake
Misty morning comes again and I can't
Stop from swishing and sliding from place to place
And I knew from the first squeal played
I'd be breaking something from not braking if I didn't see you
You smile that mechanic's smile and
All the folks with broken cars know your game

So dim that headlight, tell me things like,
"I reversed the polarity for you
It wasn't nothing special, just another
Califramistat and the carburetor that I fixed for you"
Give me a reason not to shoot my motor vehicle, I hate that stupid car!

Good morning cranklessness, comes around when I'm not
Screaming about it to you
When my car breaks down today
You'll be in another town
And I knew when I saw your face, I'd be
Counting down all the mechanical issues to you
You smile that mechanic's smile and
All the folks with broken cars know your game

So dim that headlight, tell me things like,
"I reversed the polarity for you
It wasn't nothing special, just another
Califramistat and the carburetor that I fixed for you"
Give me a reason not to shoot my motor vehicle, I hate that stupid car!

You've fixed cars, you play guitar
I'm your customer and everyone knows who you are
And I hope you'll never see, me kneeling and beggin'
Asking that car to start!

So dim that headlight, tell me things like,
"I reversed the polarity for you
It wasn't nothing special, just another
Califramistat and the carburetor that I fixed for you"
Give me a reason not to shoot my motor vehicle, I hate that stupid car!