Friday, December 05, 2014

Stay Ugly

"Stay Ugly"

Rory's eyes are such a bungle
She smiles, it's like the rodeo
She rasps songs into my window
In pidgin that no one knows
These pretty boys on every corner
They watch her as she's walking home
Saying, "Does she know?"
Will you ever know?

You're so ugly
Every little zit love,
And don't you know
You're really gonna scare someone,
Ask anyone.
And when you find everything you looked for
I hope your love will lead me to your back door
Oh, but if it don't,
Stay ugly

Rory finds another way to be
The flashpoint of my day
I'm writing sonnets in my mind
So I can save them for another day
It's hard to take her conversation
Her halitosis takes my breath away
I should say, hey, by the way...

You're so ugly
Every little zit love,
And don't you know
You're really gonna scare someone,
Ask anyone.
And when you find everything you looked for
I hope your love will lead me to your back door
Oh, but if it don't,
Stay ugly

'Cuz you and I are a tall tale
The kind that's oversold
It's what you are is a nightmare
Tho I've never been so bold,
I have to let you know...

You're so ugly
Every little zit love,
And don't you know
You're really gonna scare someone,
Ask anyone.
And when you find everything you looked for
I hope your love will lead me to your back door
Oh, but if it don't,
Will you stay ugly
Ugly, ugly, ugly
Ugly, ugly, ugly Ma ma ma
Oh, oh, oh, oh,
Oh, but if it don't,
Stay ugly
Stay ugly
Na, na, na, na, na