Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Start Over

 I found I had 3 problems with "Begin Again":

1 it's song in which a woman compares her previous boyfriend to her current boyfriend (she SEEMS TO prefer the current boyfriend, but I doubt he wants to hear about the old boyfriend regardless);
2 the line "On Wednesday in a cafe I watched it begin again."  Why so passive?  Would Joan Jett ever write that line?  I'd suggest "we made it begin again" or "we helped it begin again."
3 I have more in common with the previous boyfriend than the current boyfriend.

I made this an exercise in writing nonsensical gibberish, where the words may fit the rhythm and some lines may rhyme.  I expect this to be my biggest hit evah!

"Start Over" (abandoned)

Look, a long crack in the mirror
She didn't like it when I ate grape peels
But it's true
Crack a book and put my glasses on
She always said she didn't trust my dong
But it's true, so true

Skipped in regretting that last beer
But you're my dear here burly and you're stout and brave
I skip to you
You pull my hair out and strap me in
And I don't know quite where Waldo is
That's so true

And you grow a soundtrack packing nice a little bit
I find it weird that you bind my money 'cause she always hid
I've been saving the last great mints
Knowing all love ovens burn and break and Grover
But today with Rover we helped it all start over

You said you never met a guy
Who had as many Paul Kelly CDs as you
But it's true
Talk Gossip Dots So Much Water So Close to Home
I'll travel to Australia if ever I roam
Yes, it's true.

And you grow a soundtrack packing nice a little bit
I find it weird that you bind my money 'cause she always hid

I've been saving the last great mints
Knowing all love ovens burn and break and Grover
But today with Rover we helped it all start over

And we skipped down the block to your bar and I almost caught her up
But you fart or talk about the goobers that so lazily
Amble
Every single hick slip and I want to laugh about that
And once again the past is prologue

And you grow a soundtrack packing nice a little bit
I find it weird that you bind my money 'cause she always hid

I've been saving the last great mints
Knowing all love ovens burn and break and Grover
But today with Rover we helped it all start over

But today with Rover we helped it all start over