Friday, December 05, 2014

Should've Let It Go

"Should've Let It Go"

It's strange to me in the month since your big scene
Your smiles, your looks, everything is gone
Last month you found out about her
Even now just looking at you feels wrong

You still won't say that you'd take me back, give me one more chance
But just one moment of weakness and you'll say, "Yes."

You should've let it go, you should've let me stay home
You should've thought twice 'fore you made me go
You should've known that I, I'm just a man
Men have needs (men have needs).
Even though you were there in the back of my mind
I shouldn't be asking myself, "Why?"
You'll soon be begging for forgiveness at my feet...
You should've let it go, baby, and you might still have me.

I can see that you've been crying
Mama, you know I know all the right things to say
To make it back the same
But do you honestly expect me to believe
You'll ever be satisfied with any other feller
When all your other beaus are so lame?

The past is the past, you'll take me back
It was a moment of weakness I do confess.

You should've let it go, you should've let me stay home
You should've thought twice 'fore you made me go
You should've known that I, I'm just a man
Men have needs (men have needs).
Even though you were there in the back of my mind
I shouldn't be asking myself, "Why?"
You'll soon be begging for forgiveness at my feet...
You should've let it go, baby, and you might still have me.

I can't resist
Before I go, tell me this:
Was it worth it?
Was tossing me worth this?

Go... go, go, go...