Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pretty Dove

"Pretty Dove" #JSLAY

I've always liked an Apple Dutch
So red, so juicy, so fun to touch
I'll pick 'em from trees or off the ground
But enough apple-talk -- I'll sing about the girl I found

Oh, she's a pretty dove
She's the girl I'd like to love
Fits me just like a glove
Such a pretty -- pretty -- pretty dove!

I moved all my stuff to her place
She's got a big house -- lots of space
She brings home the bacon -- she loves to work
And she lets it slide when I'm a jerk!

Oh, she's a pretty dove
She's the girl I'd like to love
Fits me just like a glove
Such a pretty -- pretty -- pretty dove!

The day we met, we met so cute
I had just been in a fight like some brute
She rescued me -- then she took me home
Such a nice lady -- I'll never roam!

Oh, she's a pretty dove
She's the girl I'd like to love
Fits me just like a glove
Such a pretty -- pretty -- pretty dove!

She'll give subtle hints -- she'll give me a clue
Like playing The Beatles song, "Love Me Do"
One time she kissed me and I almost swooned
And when we did it I was over the moon

Oh, she's a pretty dove
She's the girl I'd like to love
Fits me just like a glove
Such a pretty -- pretty -- pretty dove!

Friday night, I've just been thinking
Usually at this point I'd bail 'cause the ship is sinking
But I never knew I could feel this way
I hope she can put up with me -- I'd like to stay!

Such a pretty -- pretty -- pretty dove!
Such a pretty -- pretty -- pretty dove!

From the Village
To the spillage
She's the kind of girl I'd never met
It's the kind of thing I'll never regret

But for the life of me I can't remember her name

Oh, she's a pretty dove
She's the girl I'd like to love
Fits me just like a glove
Such a pretty -- pretty -- pretty dove!