Thursday, December 11, 2014

Parking Space

"Parking Space"

Knew you before I met ya
Hey, I've been around
So I've seen some things
You're self-destructive -- you seem trouble-bound!
Oh my God, look at that dress
You look like my next mess
But love's serious bidness, not just play!

Old money, fancy watch
I can read you like a book
Ain't it tasty, like old Scotch
You know you've got me on the hook
But whoa, let's be friends?
All I can tell you, is that depends...
Before I take your hand
Tell me: What do you REALLY need in your Man?

It can't last forever
It can only go down in flames
Because you love your Drama
You love to play your games!
Don't just list your ex-lovers
Girl, you've earned SOME blame
A full life has many layers
But yours stays the same!

'Cause you're wrong and you're feckless
If you just jump to way too far
Lust is reckless
Love is like buying a car
There's no hurry, we can wait
Let's take time to negotiate
Tell me what you want, what you need
Don't take me for granted, let's see if we agree!

Don't do drugs, don't need your lies
I've been around; so many things I've seen
Spare me your alibis
Don't need to be a King, baby, and you're no Queen
Don't worry about what I want
Let me tell you what I need
Don't assume it has to blow up, that's not guaranteed.

Preening, scrying, super suit
I don't need all the pieces moved
Apple grove filled with fruit
I keep it smooth and steady
Hey, Girl, are you ready?
Real love is a brew that's heady
'Cause, ma'am, I'm a man dressed like a man.

It might not last forever
But don't have to go down in flames
Can you give up your Drama?
You don't have to play your games!
Don't just list your ex-lovers
Girl, you've earned SOME blame
A full life has many layers
But yours stays the same!

'Cause you're wrong and you're feckless
If you just jump to way too far
Lust is reckless
Love is like buying a car
There's no hurry, we can wait
Let's take time to negotiate
Tell me what you want, what you need
Don't take me for granted, let's see if we agree!

Didn't you see Bull Durham?
Men will put up with anything if they think it leads to sex
But I know love ain't sex,
Baby, don't need to ask your ex!

It might not last forever
But don't have to go down in flames
Can you give up your Drama?
You don't have to play your games!
Don't just list your ex-lovers
Girl, you've earned SOME blame
A full life has many layers
But yours stays the same!

'Cause you're wrong and you're feckless
If you just jump to way too far
Lust is reckless
Love is like buying a car
There's no hurry, we can wait
Let's take time to negotiate
Tell me what you want, what you need
Don't take me for granted, let's see if we agree!