Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Frack This

"Frack This"

We fought a lot -- thought it was our thing
'Cause when we'd make up -- girl you made my heart sing!
When you whispered, your lips brushed my ear
You're my darling, my lover, dear
So why is it over?
Over

I still remember the smell of the ozone
Hung in the air
I ran down that stair
That summer day
The look of you there
Still feel it right here
Still beats in my heart

And I'll just throw up my hands
No more promises, no demands
All that I know is
You're my favorite person, you're someone I miss
Never thought I'd hear you say, "Frack this!"
Never dreamed you'd dump me like this
Before I could even get, "But I love you!" out of my lips

I still recall the swing of your hips
You'd get the party started, you'd be glowing again
And I'd lick my lips and then
I'd pull you in
You weren't one for dancing
But together we did

Because I love your milkshake, greeting my mother
I love how you jog with your Ipod in your t-shirt
How you kissed me after politely waiting for me to stop talking
There's not a moment I don't miss those polite love eruptions

And I'll just throw up my hands
No more promises, no demands
All that I know is
You're my favorite person, you're someone I miss
Never thought I'd hear you say, "Frack this!"
Never dreamed you'd dump me like this
Before I could even get, "But I love you!" out of my lips

But you said, "Frack this!"
Forever the one that I miss
Forever the one that I miss

Just like our last...