Thursday, December 11, 2014

Ferguson

"Ferguson"

Flashing lights and we
Took a wrong turn and we
Got tazed by a rabid cop.

You held on tight to me
Tried to soothe my screams
It's spinning out of control.

Didn't they tell us don't drive while black?
When they flashed their lights I had a panic attack!
Haven't you heard that they come for your curious minds?

Ooooo

Didn't it all seem unreal and frightening?
I felt the cuffs twistin' me round
What's this nightmare place we found?

We found Ferguson
You and I got lost in it
And we pretended we could live til 'morrow
aye
We found Ferguson
You and I got lost in it
And life was never worse but must get better
aye aye

Aye [x5]
In Ferguson
Aye [x5]
In Ferguson
Aye [x5]
In Ferguson
Aye [x5]
In Ferguson

So we tried to go our way
Too afraid to think straight
All alone or so it seemed.

But there were dangers lurking
And dangers turned to stalking
And stalking turned to screams.

Oooooh

I reached for you but you were gone
I knew we had to get back home
You search the world for some peace of mind like once had
And in the end in Ferguson the world went mad.