Friday, December 05, 2014

Dick's Song (Oh What What What)

"Dick's Song (Oh What What What)"

He said, I was nine and you were seven
I looked at you like the stairway to heaven
In the doghouse, the friendly mutts
And our mamas used to hope about the two of us
Growing up and falling in love and our daddies smiled
And rolled their eyes and said Oh What What What

Take you back to the house in the backyard tree
Promised to beat you up, I was bigger than you
I never did, I never did
Take you back when our world was a school caravan
You dared me to kiss you but I caught you when you ran
Just two kids, you and I...
Oh What What What

Well, I was eighteen when suddenly
You wasn't that little girl I used to see
But your eyes still shined like pretty lights
And our mamas used to hope about the two of us
They never believed we'd really fall in love
And our daddies smiled and rolled their eyes
And said Oh What What What...

Take me back to the time you first showed me your lovely sight
You knew just what to do to make me feel all right
Take me back to the night of our very first rut
To spice things up you let me do you in the butt
I stayed right there till the morning light
Oh What What What

I'll be eighty-nine; you'll be eighty-seven
I'll have dementia -- you'll have to tell me how to find
our hut, our hut hut hut...