Thursday, December 04, 2014

Cold-Ass Brew

"Cold-Ass Brew"

You have a way of whining breezily to me
I put up with a lot, but your best ain't a lot
So you start a fight cause you need to be annoying to me
And I'll do what I want cause you're not what I wanted

Oh what a pain, another drama scene -- must be Tuesday
You'll never walk away, it don't matter whatever I say
And now that I'm sitting here thinking it through
Bring me another cold-ass brew

I put up walls but you talk through them all
And you stand there needling me and pissing them all away
And all I get is a boring little story
Of a mess of a dreamer who can't do anything but stay

I never did give a damn thing honey but I tried, Tried for you
And I know you'd be happier if I just lied, lied to you
(Lied to you)

Oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a rainy day
Every smile I fake is such an effort
Counting all the scars you gave yourself
And now that I'm sitting here thinking it through
Fetch me another cold-ass brew