Thursday, December 25, 2014

Breakin' Doors

"Breakin' Doors" #JSLAY

Like talking to a brick wall -- that's talking to you
You just don't get me -- no matter what I say or do
Like a one-sided game of Simon Says.

What's your childhood trauma?  What happened when you were four?
Why's it so hard to reach you?  I feel like I'm breakin' doors
Tryin' so hard to get through to you -- must I beg on all fours?

Your gray life sucks my breath away
Liven up!  Let's go outside and play!
I try to pierce your shell in vain
Let's get out of hear -- let's just go
Where we'll wind up I don't even know
We'll see Rocky Horror at the late night show
Do something different -- find some strange
Take a chance in your dreary life -- make a change!

Why's it so hard to reach you?  I feel like I'm breakin' doors
Tryin' so hard to get through to you -- must I beg on all fours?

I'm not saying I blame you
It's hard -- I know it's hard
But one plus one is better than one -- we're more than the sum of two!

So I've told you what I'm here for
Come out and be with me -- don't make me break your door
Come see the world -- the great outdoors
You deserve a better life -- let me show you so much more!