Monday, December 29, 2014

Bigger than a Breadbox

"Bigger than a Breadbox" #JSLAY

This is a flare to the tone-deaf
This is a marker
I'm on the other side of this treble-clef
Or my name ain't Peter Parker

Yeah, I'm bound by gravity
Had my jet pack confiscated
All around me (are)
Lots of concrete
Guess I'll keep walking
As I wait
For my death ray to charge up.

Someday I'll glide
You'll know then I haven't lied
You'll know that I'm a guy who tried
To live a full life before he died

Why ain't it my day?
Why am I still in school?
When will things go my way?
So I'm not such a hesitant fool...

Yeah, I'm bound by gravity
Had my jet pack confiscated
All around me (are)
Lots of concrete
Guess I'll keep walking
As I wait
For my death ray to charge up.

Someday I'll glide
You'll know then I haven't lied
You'll know that I'm a guy who tried
To live a full life before he died
'Cause, hey, I'm not some meaningless little thing
'Cause I'm bigger than a breadbox -- wow!

'Maybe I'll trip over some wires
As I work my way ever higher
And if I have to go out like a light
You'll know I put up a fight!

Yeah, I'm bound by gravity
Had my jet pack confiscated
All around me (are)
Lots of concrete
Guess I'll keep walking
As I wait
For my death ray to charge up.
For my death ray to charge up.

Someday I'll glide
You'll know then I haven't lied
You'll know that I'm a guy who tried
To live a full life before he died
'Cause, hey, I'm not some meaningless little thing
'Cause I'm bigger than a breadbox -- wow!