Monday, December 15, 2014

A Real Thing

"A Real Thing" #JSLAY

"Thanks for the warm welcome," I told her
though I wanted to choke her
I took a chair
But I wasn't there
Not really
I liked to daydream about fond things
and boxing rings
I know the my best part
Will come out when I start
When I find a real thing

Kids love to scream and shout
As they scramble about
Jump on the cracks
Rumble north -- rumble south

I wanna fly over the houses of my town
Take me seriously
I'm not just some clown
I'm gonna find a real thing show you the real me
Gonna be the one to rise above

So the jocks the preps and the losers
Letter jackets
Tennis rackets
Concert tickets
They watch the vids but can't concentrate
Want to be the stars but they don't rate
I'm gonna shoot for something higher
Gonna shake the world -- start a fire

Kids love to scream and shout
As they scramble about
Jump on the cracks
Rumble north -- rumble south

I wanna fly over the houses of my town
Take me seriously
I'm not just some clown
I'm gonna find a real thing show you the real me
Gonna be the one to rise above

I won't give up
So long as I strive